Our dispensary at 807 Locust Street in Center City Philadelphia is now open. Click here for our store hours.
Becoming a Patient at Ethos
Before visiting or reserving products at an Ethos dispensary, you must become a certified patient or caregiver under Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program. The steps for becoming a patient or caregiver in Pennsylvania are discussed below. To become a certified patient or caregiver, you or the patient for which you are providing care must have one of the below twenty-three qualifying serious medical conditions. For more information about the Pennsylvania medical marijuana program, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s website for the program.
Qualifying serious medical conditions for residents of Pennsylvania include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis;
- Anxiety disorders;
- Cancer, including remission therapy;
- Crohn’s disease;
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies;
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders;
- HIV / AIDS;
- Huntington’s disease;
- Inflammatory bowel disease;
- Intractable seizures;
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Neurodegenerative diseases;
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions;
- Parkinson’s disease;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder;
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain;
- Sickle cell anemia;
- Terminal illness;
- and Tourette syndrome.
Obtaining a Pennsylvania medical marijuana ID card requires the following steps:
- Visit the Patient and Caregiver Registry at: medicalmarijuana.pa.gov and create a patient profile
- Make sure that all of your information matches your state-issued ID exactly.
- Type in all CAPS
- Do not use spaces or dashes between identification numbers
- Do not use any punctuation in your address
GET CERTIFIED BY A PHYSICIAN
- Visit a physician who is registered with the PA medical marijuana program
- Meet with the physician who will certify that you suffer from a qualifying serious medical condition
- Return to the Patient and Caregiver Registry at: medicalmarijuana.pa.gov and pay a $50 fee for your medical marijuana ID card. You must wait for you medical marijuana ID card to arrive at home before you can make a purchase in our dispensaries
Schedule a Consult
We encourage patients and caregivers to schedule a 30-minute consult with one of our experienced pharmacists or medical technicians. Whether you are a first-time patient or seeking additional advice, our team is here to help. Use the below calendar to schedule a time that works best for you. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled consult time to assure you are checked in before your consult begins.